Saturday, January 19, 2008

Witchcraft is honored at Harvard

Witchcraft is honored at Harvard
On behalf of J.K.


I suppose I am going to spoil 375-million breakfast around the world today with this article, for that is how many books she sold of her Harry Potter series, J.K. Rawlings (JK for short). She made over one billion dollars in doing so, not a bad net income, and in away, good for her. And if we can, put the money aside, for a moment maybe we can look at the problem, not the situation.
The problem here is that, a lot of kids are playing, thinking, absorbing, infusing, witchcraft as a way of life, a norm, not a bad thing, and black magic in the name of inspired reading, worldwide she has delivered on a silver platter to the world—is she really proud of this? How many minds has she infected, is my concern, not that a child picks up any old book, and the author is given credit because the child is reading in the bedroom now—how absurd can you be. Are all the parents so blind they can not see the damage in this?
Here the situation is, J.K. is given credit for the inspired reading that has prevailed (had she not written the books, then what? Most likely the kids might have been doing their homework, reading the Bible, or spending time with the family; no one mentions that though). So we honor sorcery and its maker for making our kids shut up in the bedroom and prey on the magic, dream it will befall them, in some magical way.
That is not the end of this, she now has the great masters at her feet, will even received an honorary degree at Harvard, by god, you can’t get much higher than that. I don’t expect it is really from her contribution to the inspired reading part, they proclaim it is, I would think that somewhere behind the curtains, she is giving them a piece of the pie; unless they are dumb enough to give it to her for nothing, just for showing up, but how knows, folks and schools have sold their souls for less in the past. It doesn’t make Harvard look any better. Not even sure if she made it through high school, but if you have money you can buy just about anything. If I was JK, I’d stop at Colombia University, as long as she’s on this wild new adventure. And why not Oxford, and Preston along the way—get it while you can, jump on the broomstick she created for her inspired readers; get degrees from all of them while you can; Grade Point average here means nothing.
If this reeks with envy, it is yours not mine. I earned all I have; and I have enough. God gave me not too much, and not too little, and I would not trade my life for any ones. The question to ask, if you want an answer, is why? And I will answer it, with a question: are we not responsible for what we write, put into someone’s head, kids, children. Are we not answerable to anybody for the damage we do? Does she think, or you think, God is not taking notes? If you are an atheist, this of course does not apply in the Godly since but still you got to be concerned with what we put into a child’s head, for it stays, ask any psychologist, and don’t tell me, as so may others will say, just to avoid the depth of the question: don’t read it. It is in a kids nature to want to be part of the fad, just like it is part of the parents to try and stay equal to the Jones….
Anyhow, I started to read, a few of her books at B&N bookstore, they of course didn’t interest me. And I even went to two of the movies, the same thing happened; incidentally, the fellow who made that ridiculous statement, that no one in our time has influence or inspired readers like JK was, University President Drew G. Faust, and you got it, from Harvard of course. I don’t think all the parents will agree with that, nor any of the churches, or clergy, just the highly intellectual of Harvard, and it kind of tells me, just how intellectual they are by what they do and say.

No comments: