Thursday, January 17, 2008

Heathrow Hero

It is nice to hear the British Airways pilot (an unsung hero yet), who landed safely at London’s Heathrow Airport, did so well, with his sharpness, skills, bravery, he saved 136-lives, not a bad days work for anyone. We hear so much of the pilots who are drunk, and the planes that crash for this reason or that, but here is a happy ending, as happy that is as happy can be under the circumstances. And BS should be proud of the great work the pilot did, and I think they are, and I take my hat off to him also. It was a Boeing 777, BA flight 38, coming in from Beijing, China, I was there in 1996, so it grabs my attention, and it is a long flight if I remember. Anyhow, it seems most of the passengers did not know there was trouble ahead, until the very moment of the crash landing. It has been said, said that the pilot said, ‘…the plane's electronics had failed…’ I’m sure this will be looked into, but we can hardly hold the pilot responsible, but let’s hope we can get to the end this, and find out who is; who knows, the next pilot may not be so skilled. On another note, the plane or jet, hit the grass and it would seem the dirt had a lot to do with the soft landing or slowing the jet down, had it hit the concrete runway, who knows. Not sure when the wheel flew off the plane, but it surely didn’t help the pilot steer the plane, as it was noted, he struggled. And so, I will still fly, BA.

No comments: