Friday, February 22, 2008

An Afternoon with Rosa on the Roof (a poem)

An Afternoon with Rosa on the Roof

We sat free, three hours or so, together
(how long, I’m not sure) underneath an umbrella
that sizzled still, in the unruffled warm winded weather,
stirr’d by the sun’s beams, sole offer for the wind;

we sat, she dreamt, I read, those hours together
fill’d with the calm silence of the sky:
the gardens moaned for us in the gentle weather
we found no need to speak, just motionless love.

Now evening, that afternoon seems forgotten
cast out to sea, as if it was out of life, memory;
the calm motionless love, now swooned (faint):
sweet scarcity, we shall remember this afternoon.

As Rosa slept, I looked at her, friend from friend,
sidekick, and wife, deep minutes, hasting …
she in the silent distance, somewhere, —me, in
some irresistible melancholy of the sun:

so I welcomed in that calm silence, as one—
our minds, hearts and souls, in reverie
lost in the vast minutes of time, voiceless,
stirr’d by the sun’s beams, sole offer for the wind.


#2284 2-22-2008; written in Lima, Peru, after enjoying a lunch, a good nap, a good read under an umbrella, under the sun, on top of the roof of our home. We ate pork, with beans, and noodles with chili hamburger sauce, and a dark cookie, and a three shot latte, with orange juice. We ate, on a glass table, a few books to my side resting on a stool, to read after lunch. A few lovers were in the park across the street, one laying his head into the lap of his queen. The sun was over head, going west out towards the ocean.

Note #2: I don't usually write about my wife, unless it is hidden within my words, but here is a poem of a nice warm afternoon with my wife, to have a good wife is a gift from God, so many are worthless, lazy, and not worth the words. Ive been married four times, I know what I'm talking about. A good woman is worth her weight in gold. A bad one, is worth going to hell for, to get away from her. dlsiluk

No comments: